Thursday, February 10, 2011

Let's Say Thanks Today


LET'S SAY THANKS TODAY:
we live our life with all the blaming and abuses, but today let's thank a few people just for a change...

let start from the moment we wake up. i am in the habit of reading newspaper early in the morning. I get quite irritated when i wake up an don't find the newspaper. but i never think of the newspaper guy who wakes up much earlier than me goes to the newspaper agency picks the paper and delivers to me. well that's a hell lot of work and important for a newspaper freak like me. so today let's thank the newspaper guy.

The second person i encounter is the kudewalla at my house. he rings the bell a shouts "kudda de do..." it's kinda annoying when you are reading what's going across the globe and suddenly hear his harsh voice, but then i think what if he dosen't come one day , well he does that twice in a year or so and belive me on the next day when he comes and shouts even his harsh voice feels pertty sweet. he takes all the trash from the house and dumps in the municipal dustbin nearly 1 or 2 miles away from my home. and he does that just for a rupee per day. just imagine how much we value a rupee in this 21th centuary.I think he surely ows a thanks from me.
The next person i notice is our "kaam wali bai" aka "amma". amma usually comes early in the morning at home but if you are hearing my mother yelling to the wall of a room or to us then it means that she is late.
and the my mother gives a whole my lecture on using less utensils. when amma arrives at home i thank her (just in my mind). first she cleans the whole house i think here a short note is necessary : it's said that cleanliness is next to god and also if your surroundings are clean and beautiful that improve your productivity. after this i think i must thank amma for keeping my home clean.
In metro cities there is another person you cannot live without, he fulfills one of your basic needs. He is your "paniwala bhaiya" he proides you with fresh drinking water. the next time he bring water to your home don't forget to say thanks to him.

Now let's talk about one person who does toughest of jobs in his way. your mail delivery man aka postman bhaiya, you might think what he does he just needs to bring the mails from the post office to my home that's not a tough job. well actually he does that in a temprature as high as 48 degrees and as low as -10 degrees. In a hot afternoon of july i recieved a very important mail at my door step. At the time you can't even think about stepping outside your house that person is delivering letters because it might be important to someone. I regert that day the most coz i couldn't say thanks to him or offer him a glass of water. so the nest time you recieve a letter politely say thanks to him once in a while. And yes offer him a glass of water on a hot summer afternoon. because if he goes down because of dehyration you will be the one in trouble with out your letters. atleast do it once and that person will remember it for years to come.
And the last but very important person for your professional life, no it's not your boss its your dhobi aka presswala. every morning my father tell me to go to him and collect clothes for office. again in the month of july when we cant even bear the hot winds, that person holds a hot burning coal iron in his hand just to give my father a fully creased cotton shirts, that adds a lot to my father's personallity. he actully does out of turn ironing to our clothes when we are in a hurry. But we never thanked him. But every time i wear a creased shirt or suit i feel thankfull to that person. And tomorow i'm gonna say thanks to him too.
and I hope that after reading this you will also go to the people that help you so much in improving your life and just say a simple word "thanks" and you know the best part, it costs nothing.
so thanks in advance from me :)
manu khurana

No comments:

Post a Comment